Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My favorite book


Well, today in my free post I would like talk about my favorite book. The original name of the book is The Outsiders, and the Spanish title is: Rebeldes. This it’s a Susan E. Hinton book. She was 16 years old when published the novel in 1967. I read it maybe when I was 13 years old for a subject in the school.
The history of the book takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1965. The history talk about Ponyboy Curtis a boy with 14 years old, and a member of the Greaser gang with his brother (Darry and Soda) and his friends.
In the history there are two kinds of people: greaser and they rivalry the socs. Their differences are, socs have money and live on the east of the town, and greaser lives on the outsider, on the west side of town. The gangs of kids, boys and teenagers fight between when the cross for their territory.
For example, one night Ponyboy with his friends Jhonnycake were walking around the street, when a group of drunk socs confront him, and jhonny accidentally killing a member of socs. Their social differences caused violent street fights between greaser and socs with terrible consequences.
The history I really like me, because is a very very sad history of the portrayal of gang violence, family conflicts, underage smoking and drinking, marginalization, no future, for the teenage in the outsiders.
Francis Copola made into a film this novel, which shows the hard reality of teenagers in the suburbs.

2 comments:

  1. A great book! I love S.E.Hinton but I prefer Rumblefish to The Outsiders. Copola also turned it into a film (which I have on DVD and have watched at least 10 times!).
    I'm currently reading Rumblefish in English with some Level 2 students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know how to simon like to see the movie so many time , i cant so that jajajjaa

    ReplyDelete